Senior Structural/Façade Engineer:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Structural/Façade Engineer, within our Engineering Team, due to growth and secured projects. You will be part of the Engineering Team, responsible for producing structural analysis for either an ‘in house’ design project, or individual engineering enquiry. Working on large commercial projects in the UK and overseas. The ideal candidate will be passionate about their role and experience in the industry. Future opportunity to Head our Engineering team.
- System structural analysis including glass analysis.
- Produce detailed technical reports.
- Liasing with our clients, their design team and the project design team, ie architects, engineers, main contractors.
- Assist in maintaining the high-quality façade service offering.
- Supervision of a team of engineers and technicians, and accountability for their deliverables.
- Thermal modelling and condensation analysis.
- Ideally 10+ years experience working within the building envelope/façade industry.
- An innate understanding of structural engineering and façade physics.
- All round experience in building structures.
- Proven UK design experience utilising Eurocodes/British Standards.
- Competence with computer analysis of structures and design of structural elements in steel, stainless steel, aluminium, timber and glass.
- Competence with Autocad/CAD software.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, with experience of report writing.
- Good understanding of the importance of detailing to façade structures.
- Organisation and time management to complete work to project deadlines.
- Experience in liasing with clients and the project design team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, in particular, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Self-motivated individual able to use own initiative.
- In-depth knowledge of construction industry methodologies on detailing and building erection sequencing.
- High level of initiative and problem-solving skills.
- All round technical knowledge including: structural analysis, thermal analysis, facade systems, facade materials, facade performances, specification, testing, manufacture and site.
Understanding and ability to use analysis software such as Mepla, Flixo, Robot, Staad, etc.
- BSc/MSc in Structural or Civil Engineering.
- Proficient in 3D CAD software.
- Chartered membership of IStructE or ICE.
- MSc. in Façade Engineering.