An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Structural/Façade Engineer, within our Engineering Team, due to growth and secured projects. You will be part of the Engineering Team, responsible for producing structural analysis for either an ‘in house’ design project, or individual engineering enquiry. Working on large commercial projects in the UK and overseas. The ideal candidate will be passionate about their role and experience in the industry.
- System structural analysis including glass analysis.
- Produce detailed technical reports.
- Liaising with our clients, their design team and the project design team, ie architects, engineers, main contractors.
- Assist in maintaining the high-quality façade service.
- 5+ years experience working within the building envelope/façade industry.
- An innate understanding of structural engineering and façade physics.
- All round experience in building structures.
- Proven UK design experience utilising Eurocodes/British Standards.
- Competence with computer analysis of structures and design of structural elements in steel, stainless steel, aluminium, timber and glass.
- Competence with Autocad/CAD software.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, with experience of report writing.
- Good understanding of the importance of detailing to façade structures.
- Organisation and time management to complete work to project deadlines.
- Experience in liasing with clients and the project design team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, in particular, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Self-motivated individual able to use own initiative.
- In-depth knowledge of construction industry methodologies on detailing and building erection sequencing.
- Master’s degree in civil, Structural, General or Architectural Engineering, Engineering Science.
- Proficient in 3D CAD software.
- Chartered membership of IStructE or ICE.